Old Weydeland is an artisan cheese made from fresh Dutch milk which is matured for 16 months in carefully controlled conditions. The cheese gets the thinnest coating possible to ensure that natural breathing can continue to take place. The result is a cheese with a strong lingering flavour, unsurpassed in a cheese of this age.
What makes Old Weydeland so unique?
- Strong, very matured cheese with plenty of character
- Longer aging than usual by very mature cheese
- Aged for 16 undisturbed months in a special cheese cellar
- First place in a Dutch Consumers Association test
- Won 2 Gold Stars at the Great Taste Awards 2010